Utility Player with Ability to Hit for AVG and Gap to Gap Power Seeking Team Overseas for 2020-21 / Teaching Degree with a Minor in Coaching
Name: Kyler LeRoux
DOB: June 3, 1996
Date Available: July 31, 2020Will Pay Flight
Positions: 1B, 2B, 3B, RF, CF, LF
Positions (alt): 3B
College: University of Northern Colorado
Initially, I began learning the game of baseball at age five in my home town of Longmont, Colorado. My father provided me with the understanding of how to incorporate all five tools into my baseball tool belt from a young age. This aspect pushing me to become a developing leader throughout my youth teams by showcasing how to be humble in victor or in defeat. These early baseball experiences in my life helped me fall in love with the game moving forward. All of the prior lessons I learned on the baseball diamond lead me to play for the Longmont high school Trojans.
- Over the course of my high school career I played football, wrestling, and baseball from 2011-2014. Baseball has always been my main passion, but the other sports helped me to remain in shape for the up-coming baseball season. Leading my team in a positive manner that encouraged others to play for the brothers beside them, and not just as a group of individuals. I want to be remembered from my native community for playing my heart out for my teammates during practices / games. Presenting that specific mentality over the course of my high school career helped for me to be able to brake two batting records in 2014. *Record holder from 2015-2018 for the most Runs Batted In in a career (65) / Single season Doubles in a season (10)
- Following, I chose to go to college in Greeley, Colorado at the University of Northern Colorado. This opportunity helped me growth / develop as a productive member of society during my college experience. Building the competence and confidence to effectively communicate socially with a wide array of people during my college experiences. Moving forward I will be graduating from University of Northern Colorado with a physical education teaching degree and a coaching minor on May 8th, 2020. Allowing for me to be able mold the next generation of baseball players all across the United States of American, and hopefully one day around the world.
- The reason why I have two gaps years during the 2015-2016 school year was due to my efforts put into trying to walk-on to the University of Northern Colorado Division 1AA football team. Coming out of high school I earned All-Conference middle linebacker honors while playing for Longmont high school. This posed a dilemma for me to either pursue my football or baseball dream as a 19 & 20 year old at UNC. After referring back to the UNC football coaches those two years I was unable to earn a walk-on linebacker spot. Therefore, coming into the 2017 fall season I tried out for the University of Northern Colorado Club Baseball team. After earning this baseball roster spot I never looked back, and wanted to help guide our team to Mid-America conference titles while playing for the bears.
- Next, during my time in college baseball I played for the University of Northern Colorado Club Baseball team from 2018-2020. Playing for the Bears is where I dedicated myself for going all in as a student of the game. Intended on presenting myself as the best teammate I can possibly when battling for my teammates day in day out. Starting at Center/Right Fielder while hitting in the three spot during my time from 2018-2020 at UNC. As an adaptable teammate I needed to step up for my team and play 3rd Base and Relief Pitching during the 2019 Fall campaign. This experience presented me with an opportunity to coach my senior year of 2019-2020 that was cancelled via Covid-19
- Regardless, those moments helped me understand the key concepts to motivating others to play to a higher level. By leading them from front and being the catalyst to spark fire on this college baseball team I played for. These prior experiences prepared me to be a team leader that presents a positive learning environment for my teammates and I to have success on / off the diamond. Overall, I promise to play my heart and soul out for my teammates that I will play for during my baseball overseas dream.
- 2018 University of Northern Colorado Club Baseball Team Voted Most Valuable Player.
- 2019 University of Northern Colorado Club Baseball N.C.B.A. Mid-America All-Region Outfielder. https://www.clubbaseball.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Mid_America_All_Region_2019.pdf
- 2020 University of Northern Colorado Club Baseball Team Captain/Coach. *Senior season cancelled via Covid-19
- Natural born leader as a competitor when fighting for my teammates. Seeking an opportunity to share my experience/knowledge for the game across the world.
- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VhgL_YVFCog1ZoOAJWC0GwUz-Npe8z4t (Longmont high school baseball records) -Held school record for most Runs Batted In from (2015-2018) / Doubles in a single season from (2015-2018).
Overseas goals: Use my knowledge and experience to help grow the game globally. While providing my teammates with a person they can believe in during competitive environments.
|2018-2019||Defensive Linemen Coach||Longmont High School||4A / Northern||Daily coaching plans tailored to build a progression of growth for our defensive linemen. By provided athletes with a firm compassionate leader to follow into battle. From showcasing the insight of our core values as a Trojan football player. I originally established mutual respect from these football players by telling my story of playing football in the same Trojan program.|
|2017||Summer baseball Hitting Coach||Northern Colorado Roughnecks||16U Legion B||This was a great opportunity to work with aspiring college baseball players. Teaching athletes to control an at-bat to be in their favor. Building these athletes confidence and competence for hitting against other high school summer team. Intended on giving back to the organization I played for during the 2016 18U Legion A Roughnecks team. Therefore, inspiring these players with my story of playing baseball collegiality following high school.|
|2015-16||Youth Hitting Instructor||Longmont High School||Kids Camp||Weekend baseball camp for 8-13 year old players. Building young athletes with the competence and confidence to become an effective baseball moving forward. By creating a positive learning environment for all athletes regardless of skill level or disability. This has been an influential experience in my life that I truly enjoyed every minute of as a youth baseball coach.|