Player-coach and deceptive LHP who throws from different slots
Name: Marcus Fukuhara
Weight: 155 lbs
DOB: January 12, 1995
Date Available: May 24, 2018Flight
Positions: Coach, SP, RP
Positions (alt): RF, LF
College: Menlo, NAIA
- Summer Baseball: Starting/Long Relief Pitcher : 2013-2018
- San Mateo Rounders, 2013: I gained a lot of experience playing for this team. It was a great experience being able to pitch with a lot of college kids coming out of HS. On this team I was able to really establish myself as a pitcher, I started out only getting a few innings a week but I was soon able to earn a larger workload. I established myself as one of the first go to arms in the bullpen. My coach loved that I was able to control all my pitches for a strike as well as control the running game.
- St. Louis Captains, 2014: Coming out of my freshman season at Menlo College, I played in a more competitive league where I got a much similar experience as I did on the Rounders. However towards the end of the summer, I had established more of a closer role for myself because I was able to pound the strike zone and not let the situations effect me.
- San Carlos Salty Dawgs, 2018: I was also the head coach of this team so I only used myself in losing situations in order to give my pitchers more competitive innings while also saving their arms throughout the summer.
- Menlo College : Relief Pitcher : 2014-2017
- The most valuable experience I ever got was from my college experience at Menlo. throughout my 4 years we played many good NAIA teams but we also faced a handful of D1 & D2 schools. During the fall, my coach established a great competitive atmosphere. Between inter squads, scrimmages, & conference games I was able to develop more movement on my pitches. Here I learned to throw from different arm angles in order to add movement & deception on the ball.
- I came into many tough situations as I was trusted to get out of the inning. I was primarily used as a lefty specialist when we played teams with a lot of lefty hitters. Even though I was a specialist I was able to get all these great draft prospects to get off their timing and get them to get bad contact on balls. But it was facing my own team, the guys who’ve seen me at least 10 times that challenged me to get better and to get them out. My team in 2016 & 2017 almost led the NAIA in HRs. I got the best experience from throwing against teammates like Max Dutto, Lucas Erceg, Julian Jarrard, Daniel Comstock, Wes Hoskins, & Joe Gillette. Getting feedback from them helped me develop my different motions on the mound that disrupt the hitter’s timing.
- Carlmont High School : Pitcher & Outfield : 2011-2013
- Pitching: I was a long relief pitcher for my varsity team my Jr & Sr year. I was normally first out of the bullpen, unless we had a very comfortable lead. Depending on the situations I would end up throwing anywhere from 2-4 innings a game. I was always able to hit for myself because my coaches knew that I have a great eye for the zone and had the ability to drag & push bunt.
- Outfield: I played a lot of right & left field for my varsity team as a defensive substitute, since I was a pitcher first. After I pitched I would be subbed into left or right field depending on who wasn’t hitting well that day.
- Pitches & Velocity : last clocked 2017 LHP: throw from different angles; FB: 76-79, CH: 65-68, SL: 67-70, CB: 65-68
- Injuries: I slightly tore my wrist going into the 2015 season & then tore my laibrum going into the 2016 season. I took summer ball off these years in order to rehab my injuries and play during my school’s season.
- Summer 2018:
- Head coach for the San Carlos Salty Dawgs whom participate in the Bay Area Collegiate league. We won our league but fell short in playoffs. (ages 18-25)
- Assistant/pitching coach for the league’s All-Star team called the BACL Blues. (ages 18-25)
- Fall 2018:
- Coach for the Palo Alto Babe Ruth’s baseball camps
- Summer 2016 – Winter 2017:
- Assistant & pitching coach for one of the Menlo Park Legends’ travel baseball teams. (ages 13-15)
- Coach for the Legends’ summer & fall camps. (ages 6-13)
|2018||Head Coach||San Carlos Salty Dawgs||Bay Area Collegiate League||I was in charge of: -field maintenance -writing lineups -sending team texts out -creating the roster -managing the game -holding practices|
|2018||Pitching Coach||BACL Blues||Bay Area Collegiate League||I was in charge of: -sending pitchers texts out -creating a throwing program -keeping their arms healthy -managing the starting rotation & bullpen|
|2016-2017||Assistant Coach||Menlo Park Legends||travel ball||I was in charge of: -getting the kids ready to play -help with the lineup -help set the field up|