Baseball New Zealand CEO Ryan Flynn returns for the third time, this time to provide an update on the exciting times going on in the world of Baseball New Zealand, in particular the new Australian Baseball League professional franchise team that will based in Auckland this 2018-2019 season. Some of the topics discussed in this episode are:
- Growth of baseball in New Zealand in recent years
- The new ABL franchise team, the Auckland Tuatara, what the name means and the anticipated impact it will have for baseball in New Zealand
- Signing of Josh Collmenter through Baseball Jobs Overseas and the effect of having a marquee player and MLB vet such as Josh on board
- Opportunity for imports with the Auckland Tuatara (ABL Franchise) and the new ABL roster point system
- Anticipated growth of baseball New Zealand and how import players and coaches will play a role at the club level
- Baseball Jobs Overseas role with future importing to New Zealand
Need an import player for your baseball or women’s softball team? See our list of players looking to play overseas here.
Want to take your career overseas? You can learn more here.