This podcast episode is an interview with Owen Reid, an international baseball player who has made stops in Austria, New Zealand, and Australia since 2009. Owen has held jobs as a player and most recently in management with Australia’s most successful professional baseball club, the Perth Heat.
Topics discussed in this podcast
- Owen’s strategy that has led to his success in finding baseball jobs in Austria, New Zealand and Australia.
- How Owen was able to land a job in management with the Perth Heat of the Australian Baseball League.
- Insight into the opportunities to play baseball in the second division of Australia and in New Zealand.
Owen’s Baseball Journey
- Pitcher for Baylor University (Texas), NCAA Division I Baseball 2005-2006
- Pitcher for Winthrop University (South Carolina), NCAA Division I Baseball, 2007 – 2009
- Baseball School Instructor/Coach /Pitcher/
Infielder for the Vienna Wanderers of Austria. Summer 2009
- Player Development Coordinator for the West City Wildcats of Auckland, New Zealand. Winter 2009 Coach/Pitcher/Infielder for the Feldkirch Cardinals of Austria. Summer 2010
- Pitcher/Utility Player with the University of Western Australia Baseball Club. Winter 2010 – Winter 2012
- Operations Manager for the Perth Heat Baseball Club (Australian Baseball League). 2011 – 2012
- Assistant High-Performance Development Coach, Perth Heat & Baseball Western Australia. April 2012 – Present